Looking back on the last few 'korners', I see that they are focused on prayer. Maybe it is because we have a number of problems invading our world, country, and individual lives with not mnay possible solutions. Maybe it makes prayer look like a viable option; maybe the only one?
Yesterday's sermon at our church looked at Colossians 3:9 - 12 and using the words as a prayer for others. Here is the breakdown:
HOW TO PRAYER FOR OTHERS
How many people in your life could be touched if you prayed this way?
* Be thankful for their faith and changed lives (v. 3).
* Ask God to help them know what he wants them to do (v. 9).
* Ask God to give them deep spiritual understanding (wisdom) (v. 9).
* Ask God to help them live for him (honor & peace) (v. 10).
* Ask God to give them more knowledge of himself (v. 10).
* Ask God to give them strength for endurance (patience) (v. 11).
* Ask God to fill them with joy, strength, and thankfulness (v. 11).
The next verse (12) says, "For He has rescued us out of the darkness and gloom of Satan's kingdom
and brought us into the Kingdom of his dear Son, who bought our freedom with his blood and forever us
all of our sins."